On Valentine’s Day I decided to ditch my boyfriend for the day to take some pictures with Gab for the blog. However, being the girl that I am, I prepared a yummy supper before I left so I was sure he’d forgive me! A win-win!
After trying a few Osso Buco recipes, I decided to take the best of all of them and create a new one I would adore!
Sarah’s Osso Buco for 4
What you’ll need:
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Celery Sticks
- Shallots or oignons
- I only had half an onion left so I used shallots instead, but onions would be great as well.
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup of Wine – Red or White
- 3 Whole Moose Shanks
- Okay I forgot to mention my boyfriend hunts – Moose Shanks can’t be found at your local grocers so you can use Veal or Pork. I think Pork would be better since the sauce is quite tasty.
- 756 ml can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup of Port
- Grated Orange
- Egg Pasta
While the recipe has a lot of ingredients it is super easy to make!
- Chop up your onions & garlic and heat them up in some Olive Oil.
- Remove the onions from the heat and heat up each side of your shanks.
- Once they are browned, add your wine and let it enter the meat.
- Remove the shanks from the heat.
- Place the onions, the meat, the vegetables, the tomatoes and port in an oven-ready dish.
- Heat it up at 275 F for at least 2h 1/2 or until the meat is tender.
- Serve on the pasta with a gremolata made of parsley, orange zest and parmesan.
Voila! The best part is you can prepare this in advance leave it in the fridge and heat it up a few hours before supper!
Let me know whether you want to try this and what you’d add to the recipe!