The last long weekend of the Summer is now a thing of the past and reality is quickly setting in. With the stressful weeks ahead, whether at work or school, one thing is certain : breakfast needs to be filling and yummy so you can start your days in high spirits!
Here is one of my favourite breakfast recipes : Strawberry Overnight Oats!
The idea is to prepare this recipe the night before so you can enjoy it at home or on your way out in the morning!
Strawberry Overnight Oats
Yields 2 servings
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- A dash of cinnamon
- The milk of your choice
- Start by mixing the oats, cinnamon and coconut together. Evenly divide into two Mason jars.
- Cut the banana in half and place half in each of the jars.
- Top off by placing half of the Strawberries in each jar.
- Add the milk of your choice to the recipe, making sure to cover the oats and let refrigerate for the night.
- Enjoy your treat the next morning or after 2-3 hours!
*This is the perfect healthy start to your morning and the oats will leave you satisfied until lunch time! If you have a sweet tooth add some Maple Syrup to the mix.