This salad is my go-to fruity-spicy mix and is super simple to make. In 10 minutes, you’ll be ready to taste!
If you like spicy thai flavored tuna and dream of mixing it with something sweet, you’ll love this salad. The best thing about it is that the spicy tuna has so much flavor that you won’t even need to make a dressing or add extra spices. Isn’t that time saving enough for you?
So grab a couple of mangoes and cherry tomatoes at your local market and enjoy this tasty salad!
Spicy Mango and Tomato Tuna Salad
– 1 cup quinoa
– 1 can of spicy thai chili tuna (85g) (I buy Clover Leaf Spicy Thai Chili Tuna, you can find it at your local grocery store)
– 1 can of tuna in olive oil (85g) (Clover Leaf again, you can find it at your local grocery store)
– 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes
– 1 mango
– A handful of pumpkin seeds
– A handful of sunflower seeds
– Spinach leaves to top off the salad (optional, but this will nourish you with extra healthy greens!)
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add the quinoa. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 12 minutes.
2. While the quinoa cooks, cut the tomatoes in half and your mango in small squares. Mix together with the tuna and seeds.
3. When the quinoa has cooled, mix all ingredients together.
Share this summery salad with your friends, it’s perfect for Sunday picnics and as a lunch for work!
Share your thoughts about the recipe in the comments below and bon appétit!