While Gabrielle is usually the salad expert, here is one of my favourite express recipes to add some greens to my meal!
If any of your relatives are into canning, chances are you’ve received some marinated beets as a gift. It’s sometimes difficult to know what to do with these beets and how to serve them in the Summer. Here is the recipe to an easy salad filled with fresh herbs from the garden! This recipe isn’t a meal in itself as it lacks protein, you could add some Pork Tenderloin if you wanted to make it a dinner recipe.
Express Beet Salad
Yields 2 servings
- 5 Marinated Beets
- 1 small Iceberg Lettuce
- 1/2 cup Fresh Herbs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 tsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon
- Cut the onions and fresh herbs and place them in the salad bowl. I used the herbs I have on my balcony : Parsley, Basil and Sage.
- Cut the beets into slices and add to the mix.
- Cut the lettuce into thin layers and add to the bowl.
- Mix the Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Lemon Juice from your lemon together. Poor onto the salad and top off with salt & pepper.
Are there any ingredients you’d like to have a little inspiration using? Let us know in the comments!