Sarah and I love hosting dinner parties and we have a small obsession with Tea : green, black, hot and cold! So when we brainstormed for our blog’s launch party, we thought a Tea Party and it’s delicate treats sounded like the cutest idea!
On a beautiful Sunday morning, I left my apartment early to get to Sarah’s, where we cooked, chilled the freshly brewed tea and hung our Pinterest-looking DIY decorations. A couple of hours later, we were ready to welcome our dearest friends!
Everyone had so much fun! People chatted all afternoon eating lemon cakes and scones, sipping on their Just Peachy iced tea. The idea was so simple and easy to plan and we were lucky enough to avoid any rain!
Here’s our must-have party prop list:
– Simple to prepare food and drinks! Spicy popcorn, small cakes, fruity tea, water and lemon…you name it, we had it and it was all available in bite size portions!
– Easy-to-wash tablecloths (we opted for Dollarama’s best option: pink)
– Cute plates, napkins and disposable glasses : doing dishes after a party is the worse!
– MASON JARS! They look good at all times and can hold pretty much anything. They were the perfect iced tea containers for our party!
– Adorable tags to label your plates and feature their ingredients (we got our darling tags at Omer DeSerres)
– Beautiful flowers (thank you to our wonderful guests who brought them!)
– Uplifting music – Spotify’s Young & Free Mix was our choice.
– Banderoles, banderoles everywhere! We cut all the letters for The Simple Thrills in cardboard, made small holes in the upper side of the letters and got a tiny rope to hold everything together.
– A small gift for your guests to bring home (homemade strawberry rhubarb jam was our treat!)
Thank you to everyone who came! We hope to see you at our next Simple Gathering!